Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Read, My Friend!




Have had so much fun making these guys. Library bags for the reading types in the family - gotta have somewhere to stash your 20 books you can take out on one library card...made from reclaimed grey weird durable strong-like fabric and various vintage and other 'hanging out in the scraps box because they are too lovely to throw out' off cuts. Little handprinted speech bubble to finish off the bird and butterfly bags. Edie loves them so much - but they are way too big for her - so I am going to make some little ones - for little readers (and carriers). Yes, preparation for Niche- All wrapped up is definately in full swing!

9 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Gorgeous! And even better that they've been made using the scraps box.

Megan said...

Those are lovely, such a great combination of colours.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your library bags they are fabulous and such a cool way to use up scraps

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Just gorgeous, I love a good purpose made bag!!

Bek said...

So cute, I love the friendly little birdy especially!

Peg and Kate said...

These are lovely. I also love the dress you have pictured. Gorgeous!

Kylie said...

Very sweet! Love the little speech bubbles...

Jo said...

They are so lovely. I adore the speech bubbles, nice touch.

Jacquie said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

These bags are gorgeous - lovely idea. Good luck at Niche - sounds like a fabulous line-up of artists.