Thursday, May 7, 2009

back on track

This amazing package arrived in my mail last week ... from the lovely Curly Pops. The heart brooch has already got one major workout - I LOVE it and I have needed a key ring for so so long - and I am enamoured - thank you gorgeous crafty one - i felt very spoilt! You will be pleased to note the return swap is on its way (see below)
but then the spoiling continued ... I received a consolation prize in willy wagtail's giveaway. Apparently it is because I am extremely witty ... Mrs Smith won the shebang. She's me mate - so a combined postage deal was arranged under the strict instructions that we were to PLAY NICE. You may even make out willy wagtail's reminder in my package 'sharing is caring'. I passed on the booty ...
... and was over the moon with my gorgeous treasues. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
My tea towel even annouces 'first prize' - see everyone's a winner. Noice.

Which brings me to these. Again. I've made the tomato sauce to Glad's recipe. Glad is Edie great nan - 92 and a real lovely lady. Sauce is a winner. Better than the rosella. Or the Big Tom. A little spicy as in 'ooooo'. Bottled up and ready for hotdogs and BBQs.
Which brings me to my exciting news - Edie and I are jetsetting to the Big Big smoke - we are going to Melbourne for the Maker's Market at Abbotsford Convent Well actually we are getting one last cheeky free flight in before Edie hits two. Catch up with the sisters, the doting Aunts and Uncles - because they really couldn't give that much of a stuff about seeing me - they just want niece action. I might just slink off and go hang out at my old haunts. No one would notice. Really. Missing the cheese pies at the A1 Bakery in Brunswick like nobody's business. So to all my Melbourne mates who lurk here, never leave a comment and get your updates sneakily - no comment, no visit. No email, no catch up. Time to get tough on you bloody slackers.
PS only kidding. Kind of... and you don't count Leighsy because you outed yourself. It's koshe.

8 comments:

JasperBoy said...

Sorry, I'm not one of the Melbourne lurkers that you are looking for, but I'm still really happy to hear that Loz and Dinny is coming to town (if that counts)???

Jen in Melbourne

PS - If you could also just pack Black Eyed Suse into your suitcase it'd be much appreciated!

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

I've tried to fit her in - but to no avail - it was the baby bump that hampered the effort! It would be lovely to have her come over with me!! but alas!

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow how exciting!
I'll definitely have to try to come along and visit the market.

Black Eyed Susie said...

Oh, dear! You two just made me laugh out loud for about 5 minutes. I'd love to go too but I'd rather have just one night of unbroken sleep and a whole day to do nothing!

Fer said...

Great little booty you've picked up there!

Yum-o, homemade tomato sauce - there's nothing better.

Have fun in Melbourne! Lucky thing, I'm very envious. :)

Tania said...

What an excellent excuse to soiree off to a lovely market. Off to start twisting arms and being persuasive and suchlike...

Unknown said...

mmmmm home made dead horse ... yum

Dick and Dora said...

Have fun in the big smoke, I'll point big smoke friends in your direction!