Thursday, September 10, 2009

Market This Saturday - New Tricks

Get thee to a Market! Civic Homespun Market is on again this Saturday! Pigrim's Hall across from the Myer Carpark in Paterson Street. Pink market flags will be flying and this month (the last of the winter markets) is GOLD!!! This is the one to get to! I'll be sitting alongside market royalty: That Vintage (You'll want to buy Sophie as well as her stuff!), Red Bamboo (soaps and candles to die for - hey, you'll die smelling nice!), Little Jenny Wren (Jenny and her dolls are just so lovely) and Emma Kimpton is back with her cards and t-shirts...and I'm stoked to see Ruby Victoria Printmaking is going to be there - I saw her beautiful things at the market in Hobart and she's doing a letterpress demo ... don't get me started on letterpress - I'll get to that on another day! and ... DRUM ROLL PLEASE ... Mrs Smith is making her market debut - it is her deb ball without the white dress - just cushions and other fancy stuff. They're real good - I've fondled them - I know. Risque.

The market is busting at the seams this week with the good stuff and I'm really stoked to be amongst it - there will be a few sneak peeks on what will be my summer range - as well as some old favourites. Check out Civic Homespun's blog to see the full line up ...

Please come on down and support a veritable hoard of makers, growers (there's tulips this month!!) and designers. This is Launceston's regular handmade market - it needs your support and some good word of mouth. Come along and say hi - oh and bring some mates, and those kids that are busting to get out after all the rain - for no other reason except to breathe in the handmade love ...

8 comments:

willywagtail said...

I would come only I'm going to a markety a bit closer to home. LOL Goodies arrived and received. Thanks. Now I just have to get the brain into gear. Seems to be a lot of good ideas rolling around out there. Cherrie

Beck said...

The market sounds wonderful, I wish I could come along. Make sure you take lots of photo'! xo

Jenny said...

See you there Chickie

CurlyPops said...

I wish I could come to Launy for the weekend to check it out. Sounds lovely!

Recycled Relix said...

I will try my hardest to drag Husband and no 1 son along - would love to check out all the special wares. Have a great market! Cathy

christine said...

We'll have to come down for a peek!
See you there ;)

Raewyn said...

Yay!! I'll be there!!! I hope I see some of your vintage vinyl purses...xxx

Fer said...

Woohoo! I'll be there (weather permitting of course!).

I'll pick up the bit of gold fringe from you as well. :)