Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Gigposters: Blogtober Day 6

Dirk Fowler Gig Poster courtesy of here

I am mad for printmaking. It has been a long standing fetish of sorts. A beautiful world which for some time I have stood on the edge of gazing in - going 'oooh, aah, mmm'. Dunc and I bought a few posters at a gigposter exhibition SubScreenSonic I that I worked on in another life - including the one above - by letterpress artist Dirk Fowler of F2 Design fame. We also bought a whole stack from another letterpress lovely Bryce McLoud from Isle of Printing, which shamefully are still waiting to be framed after almost four years! I could wax lyrical about some of the amazing artists out there producing art in this area ... but go here - the world of gig posters, now largely an American phenonomen is mind blowing... I love that there are secret worlds everywhere, my friends.

PS. Blogger wouldn't let me upload last night!!! aaah! I'm behind again!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Love poster art and this one is a beauty! Thanks for all the fabulous links... I'm off to explore this fabulous other-world! (I love it too that there are so many little worlds!) :) K

Fer said...

Niiiice.......

kris said...

They are beautiful. We have some old advertising posters that we've collected along the way. Very clean and clear images. Wonderful.

Tania said...

You are so preaching to the converted. One day, I'm going to sort myself out and end up elbow deep in screens and ink.

Alisa said...

YUMM! Thanks for the links, I'm print obsessed too.