Saturday, July 10, 2010

Score

It's been a while since I hit the op shops 'round these parts. But with 3 x smalls loaded in the pram and a sunny day to roll through I popped my head into a couple of the locals. I was not in the mood for rummaging so when this fabric appeared on the top of a pile - I knew it was meant to be ... I have big plans for this nylonesque beauty ... oh yes - it does indeed have a touch of the 'post lawn bowls carnival do' special yet psychodelic frock about it ... but I have a vision that goes beyond the matching blue rinse...
On an equally sunny day last week we loaded up Harriet the HD with our precious cargo and took a drive south to Cambell Town - for no other reason than to check out the new-ish Redbridge Cafe and Providore in the gorgeous once antique store - now food packed extravaganza complete with open fire by which to eat your goodies. We picked up some of these fine looking quinces (un-furry...intriguing) which have now been made into one huge slab of quince paste that should see us out the year until next season ... I'd like to claim the applause for it - but it's Dunc's domain...

9 comments:

Claire Gale said...

wow how cool are those colours, lucky you, great find x

Isis said...

and score you did :) love that fabric

Fer said...

Great score! I've been feeling the op shop pull lately too and haven't done too badly, must be the weather.

I noticed the new place in Campbell Town on our way through the other day, it looks very inviting!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

great fabric find!! nice work.

Recycled Relix said...

That fabric is definitely Retro!! Love the colors. Great to see you and all the family the other day, Gemma!! Was very special to have you pop in..... I know how hard it is for you to get out and about with your tribe. Can't wait to see what you produce with that fabric!
XX

Rachael said...

My home town!!! Love that Red Bridge store. And I love quince too.

BOB & MABEL said...

That fabric is superb, can't wait to see what you create with it.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Retro bliss !
As long as you promise not to make the boys pointy-collared shirts out of it . They're a bit young to be doing John Travolta impressions .

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

Smitonius and Sonata: Damn! I'm sprung!