Friday, September 10, 2010

Raising your hand


Look what I got at auction! Times two! I bid furiously and won! I've only ever gone to one other auction before. I get so excited. I love seeing what all the items go for. I had to dash in and out a few times to settle/ feed the boys ... but I got them. Now I can't wait for Summer and all our planned renos/ tidy ups ... I am going to be lounging on our deck, the one on the jobs list ... soon to be constructed from recycled brick pallets. I will languish in this chair with a cocktail in hand ... care to join me in the other one?

10 comments:

Tania said...

All I can say. lady, is you're lucky I wasn't there. I would have been excited, bidding furiously AND I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TWINS TO SETTLE.

(Fab find!)

Isis said...

love a good auction too! were you at Tulloch's?

nice chairs too, yes they will be perfect for cocktails and summer and will go very well with a pallet deck.

Black Eyed Susie said...

Wow. I've got my eye on a blue and white one at Salvage Centre.

It goes without saying that I'll sit on the other one. G & T would be good.

Fer said...

Groovy chairs!!! (I remember having the woven plastic ones growing up) And as for the cocktails, oh very much yes please!!! Only after Christmas though..... ;)

Mrs Smith said...

Bien, bien Madame Burns! Tu travaille tres bien. Mon ass looks forward to assey-ing itself in one of those babies. My bum dits 'merci a tu' in advance!

Recycled Relix said...

Well done Gemma! They were a great buy.... I have one perfect for Edie in the shop.... a little blue and white number....

Have a great weekend!

Cathy XX

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

A great "win" ! You're going to be the envy of the neighbourhood .... if you aren't already .
I'll raise a glass to you once you're installed , cocktail in hand .

Michelle said...

Congratulations on a fabulous score! They are quite lovely, Auctions are very addictive.

red bamboo said...

Mmmm...cocktails....
Shall we sip on Cosmopolitan's first or go for a saucy little Tequila Sunrise?

Rachael said...

Clever lady! Well done you.