Saturday, July 9, 2011

Team Knitware

The invite to the opening of KNITLAB said wear your best vintage knitware and strike a Patons pose. I promised Dunc that EVERYONE would be applying the dress code. So we fished out a couple of beauties from my Mum's personal collection (as knitted by my English Grandmother) Even as we climbed the stairs to the exhibition, I promised him all would be good. The boys were knitted up, Edie was wearing a jumper from when I was a little girl, I had the farmhouse scene ... ensconced in wool we entered the Sawtooth Gallery. Ok ... to say the application of the dress code was liberal? ... that might be considered liberal ... but we had an excellent laugh. And I roped Loz and her friend Faye ... who had an amazing knitted stash of her own doing .... check out what Loz wore from aforementioned stash!! AMAZING ...
...and the exhibition .... well worth a gander or two or three as the exhibits grow and evolve ... Completely beautiful ... I want one of the big knitted spheres AND you can finger knit a poo, or add a pixel. LOVED it ... congrats Isis, Mae and Abigail.

and KNITLAB's facebook page is here ... don't tell the man though because I'm just saying he may be featured there (again)

9 comments:

Tania said...

Why has it not occurred to my finger knitting children, the fabulous poo potential at their very fingertips? That's gotta be worth some school hols distraction.

(Lovely to see you back in this space, Mrs)...

PS. Dunc is a natural.

Mrs Smith said...

I love you guys.

Ames and Tash said...

It was a fantastic opening and I look forward to seeing the pixels develop :)

Recycled Relix said...

OMG..... just love Duncans look! And your mum looks great - Gemma..... where is your pic??

Isis said...

thanks for coming Gemma (and co) your dedication to knit is admirable! dunc and your mum were most certainly the best dressed people there, hands down. i thought the strike a patons theme was on the closing night... oh my gosh poor dunc - you'll never get him to an opening again! see you at brown owls...

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I am killing myself laughing. I love it. Dunc has totes got his blue steel down pat. I wish I'd known, you could have worn my sister's Vegemite jar jumper, as knitted by my grandmother. Poor brown with yellow. Noice. So fabulous. I just love that Dunc wore it. That is the coolest.

Fer said...

How did I not know about this? Baby brain strikes again?? ;)

Dunc is priceless, I love that you all made the effort!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

They're naturals !
Cheer Duncan up with the thought that Roger Moore went from modelling jumpers to being James Bond .

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

You must totally know Duncan Smitonius and Sonata! The James Bond reference is sure to turn him back on side!