Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The last two days, whilst small men slumber, I've been working on a custom library bag.  It felt so lovely to be lost in fabric and thread for a few sweet hours.  I love bit of freestyle sewing action.  These are my favourite things to make. A few questions about favourite things and colours and I'm left to my own devices. I would love to be able to tell you that I use templates and visofix and other useful applique tools ... but for me it's a pair of scissors and a rough sketch.  I cut out everything as I go along, iron, pin and sew it. I get to revisit the deepest darkest corners of my stash in search of the perfect combinations. I find it so incredibly relaxing. It has to do with being 'locked away' in our 'studio' down the back.  Just a few little snuffles and gentle breathing sounds wafting in via the baby monitor. No screaming.  No ansty pants. No food preparation.I don't know the little girl it will soon be winging its way too.  But I'm hoping she thinks it's a bit of alright.

4 comments:

willywagtail said...

I think it is gorgeous. I think little ones like things with stories or that they can make stories with. At least that is what I would have liked and so I work the same way that you do. Cherrie

Mrs Smith said...

C'est belle ce sac. Je suis tres impressionnee.

Fer said...

Awww, too sweet!

Sally said...

Ah yes. Being locked away in sewing heaven. So very very good for the soul.
Love the library bag you've made. Fabulous.