Friday, February 24, 2012

So

                      
This afternoon I sat with my first born.  After a couple of hours in town, in an effort to extricate her from the library, I said we could do some sewing. Together. Once the boys were sleeping.  On the sewing machine.  By herself. So, the boys slumbered and she learnt to sew.  Sew for the first time. And so she pinned.
She sewed.  Oh so gentle fairy fingers.  Just guiding fabric, not forcing.  Tiny hands. Lifting foot. Turning. Rounding corners.  My foot on pedal.  Her hands, sewing.
 Turning out.  So proud.  So pleased.  Sewing.  Sewed.
 Fluffing, stuffing. So ready to make more.  Keen and glowing.  Eyes twinkling. Excitedly chattering. My wee girl.
One slumbering on freshly made pillow. With fabric carefully chosen and sewed all by herself.


6 comments:

Recycled Relix said...

You are such a good Mum, Gemma!! She is so lucky to have you!

Isis said...

oh look at that little sewing princess! she's sure to be a natural

eve and the apple tree said...

I think I shall abdicate my throne... its time for the new craft princess to assume the crown. I can't wait to see her when I am next home. I love that girl xxx

Allana said...

That is gorgeous, what a lovely moment! I have been thinking about doing this with my Munchkin, you have inspired me to give it a go. Thankyou :)

Fer said...

Made me go all gooey.... "sniff"

red bamboo said...

Love it!
The next crafty generation is made....